Saturday, February 28, 2009

Mr Magoo

Like I talked about earlier my Papis were at the CSPCA today helping out with the newly arrived puppy mill doggies. They gave me a lot of hugs when they got home and told me about a very special doggie they met... his name is Mr. Magoo.




This is what they told me about him...

He is very small. Smaller than me even!. And he has no eyes.



It's unclear if he was born without them or if this was caused by neglect. He also has an open molera or "softspot' on the top of his head (a not completely uncommon health issue in Chihuahuas that are purebred and ... inbred), their skulls don't entirely fuse. But Mr. Magoo's is larger than normal, which means he needs to be handled with extra special care. He will be held for observation for a few weeks before they decide to advance him for adoption. They want to be certain that he does not suffer from seizures or other complications from this.

In the meantime, now at least he is receiving that specialized care.

Mr. Magoo is just one of over 60 dogs just rescued at the Montréal SPCA (on Feb 27th 2009)

Mr. Magoo along with his mill-mates need help. You CAN help him and many others... To find out how go here ...

It's easy and takes only a moment of your time.

I am very proud of Mr Magoo and prouder still that even after all he had been through, and all he will continue to have to fight against, he is still a very proud Chihuahua. My Papis told me they both held him and kissed him and help to make him happier and warmer. They told me he wagged his tail and he snuggled into their arms... which I know from experience is one of THE best places on earth.

I know that Mr. Magoo will be as lucky as I was and that some nice person or people will meet him and take him home and love him for always and forever.

No comments: