Friday, December 12, 2008

And so it began...

I was born into slavery in the month of June 2007, in a Puppy Mill north of Montréal. I was used as a stud, and while that might sound like a rather great life; it wasn't. It was a scary, painful, dark and terrifying life. I have night mares about it. Myself and nearly a hundred other dogs, some my own family lived in the most horrible conditions. The smells were poisonous, the sounds would chill you to the core and we were all under-fed, poorly treated and lived in communal cages where you had to fight to get to the food that was given, when it was given at all. Some of my neighbours are blind because of the noxious level of that place; others have burns on their legs and pads of their feet from living in their own urine and feces. I know it sounds too horrible to be true, but sadly it is true. I still shake when I think about it.

But on December 12th, our dismal and tormented lives began to change, and for the better. For on this day we were emancipated from this prison by the good people at the SPCA of Montréal.

We were taken from that hell on Earth and housed temporarily in a warm building where we were all bathed and fed, and given food and water and blankets. Where loving people held us to calm our fears. We were so afraid, and still unsure as to what would happen to us. Some of us very sick and needing immediate medical attention if we were to survive at all.

By the end of the day, we already knew that this was the day of our salvation, that we would survive and we could be happy.

I know it's hard, but you need to watch this video. It's where we came from...





It's so very important that you understand that as the laws are now in this country, especially Québec, this can and will continue to happen... unless you help make a change.

What can you do? Go to this page at Mix 96's website. A very wonderful lady named Nat Lauzon will tell you what you CAN do. (More about Nat later).

Don't feel sad for me, as you'll soon see, I have more happy stories to tell you than sad ones. So thank you for coming to my Blog and I hope you'll return many many times.

Muchos Gracias.
Te amo todos.

Santiago.

No comments: