Saturday, December 20, 2008

I'm movin' on up...

Tonight Mr. Ellis, I mean Papi S. came to see me again at the shelter, only this time it was different. Tonight when he left, I went with him!

First though he let me play with Presley and Biter and Poindexter. Then after a while he picked me up, wrapped me in a blanked to keep me warm and put me in a special crate, then two men named Mr. Jason and Mr. Franko came in as well and we left the shelter!

Brrrrrrrr! It was really cold out, but it was ok I had THREE blankets! All for me! I didn't have to share or nothing! We got in a car and Mr. Franko drove us all through the city. It was amazing! Everything was white and sparkly.

After a short while we stoped and then I was carried up and up and up and up and up. So many stairs! (I'm sure once the weather is warmer outside I'll be getting a lot of exercise just coming in and out!)

Then Papi S. say the most amazing thing ever... "Welcome home, Santiago" I have a home and two papis and a name! I never had any of that at the scary place I used to live. And it was all decorated for Christmas. It was very amazing and very very pretty.

Papi S. took me to my 'room' and he showed me where everything was...


...my bed all soft and fuzzy and warm. Some toys (although I'm really not sure what they are for yet, but he said they are all mine!) and food and water and a place for me to do my duties inside so I won't be cold in the ice and snow!

But I didn't really care about any of that I just wanted to sit on Papi S's lap and have him pet me. We stayed like that for two hours. I never felt so safe and warm before.

Then I looked up at him and I know he knew what I was thinking and he said that Papi D. would be home soon from his work and we'd all be together. I couldn't wait!

Soon Papi S let showed me around some more and he let me look and sniff and look and sniff and look and sniff all over the place. It's so big our home. It seems bigger than the whole world, at least the one I used to know.

Then he took me to the biggest nicest bed ever... he called it a couch, and picked me up and put me on a blanket. HE said that was MY blanket and I could stay up here as much as I like so long as I stay on it... so I will always try my best! But he knew I wanted something nicer and so he let me climb up on his lap and I curled up and fell asleep... and I think soon after he fell asleep too! hehe

Then later we both awoke to some noise, it was Papi D.! He was home now too! We all just sat on the couch and hugged and it was very nice.

But so much excitement is a lot for me and soon I needed to go to bed. Did I tell you I have my own bed? I do! See!



I can't wait for tomorrow ...Papi S and Papi D said we're going to have a party!

No comments: